From Hatchery to Harvest: Improve Aquaculture Production with the BiOWiSH Program
By 2030, the aquaculture industry will need to increase production by 27 million tons just to maintain current levels of consumption, according to the United Nation’s Food and Agriculture Organization.
At BiOWiSH Technologies, we help producers meet the demand for increased seafood in a way that is easy, safe, and sustainable. Our biological solutions work to shift the existing ecology of the environment to favor beneficial microorganisms.
What tools can farmers use to increase fish and shrimp production?
BiOWiSH® AquaFarm improves pond water quality
Simply put, ponds that maintain good water quality are less challenging for fish and shrimp growth. BiOWiSH® AquaFarm makes this easy. The microorganisms in our product remediate pond water and favorably shift the biological ecology. The result is a pond that allows farmed aquatic animals to thrive.
- Increases growth rate and weight of fish and shrimp
- Improves water quality by reducing and preventing the buildup of nitrite, ammonia, and hydrogen sulfide
- Accelerates the decomposition of pond bottom sludge and minimizes suspended organic solids in the pond water
- Reduces odor of pond sludge and pond water
- Reduces labor and associated costs for pond treatment
- Increases quality of shrimp and fish, increasing economic value
BiOWiSH® MultiBio 3PS increases feed efficiency
Diet is just as important as water quality when combating disease pressures, such as Vibrio. BiOWiSH® MultiBio 3PS is a direct fed microbial that can be incorporated throughout the shrimp and fish life cycle — from hatchery, to nursery, to production ponds. When added to the shrimps’ diets, BiOWiSH® MultiBio 3PS cultivates good microorganisms in the gut. It can be coated onto both sinking shrimp feed and floating pelleted fish feed.
- Increases feed efficiency and digestibility
- Improves feed consumption, reducing feed waste
Join the BiOWiSH® Aquaculture Program
By incorporating BiOWiSH® solutions into current farm practices, aquaculture producers will be able to produce more shrimp and increase their profits.
Are you ready to become a BiOWiSH® farmer or a BiOWiSH® distributor? Just let us know, and we will get you started.